[SIGCIS-Members] Active institutional or individual oral history efforts in history of computing *outside* US

Lean, Tom Thomas.Lean at bl.uk
Wed Feb 7 02:24:49 PST 2018

National Life Stories at the British Library has about a dozen life story interviews with "computer people" with careers from the 1940s to the present day, recorded as part of the Oral History of British Science (OHBS) project. We also have interviews with people in other technical fields remarking about computers entering their working lives, along with a few others who developed technologies that computing would come to rely on, such as liquid crystal displays.

Most of the interviews are accessible in their entirety, most 12 hours or longer, many with transcripts, through: https://sounds.bl.uk/Oral-history/Science

There are also edited highlights on our Voices of Science web resource at: https://www.bl.uk/voices-of-science/themes/designing-and-programming-computers  and  https://www.bl.uk/voices-of-science/themes/computers-in-use

Tom

Dr Thomas Lean
--
An Oral History of the Electricity Supply Industry / An Oral History of British Science
National Life Stories