[SIGCIS-Members] 2019 CHM Fellow Awards

Dag Spicer dspicer at computerhistory.org
Wed Aug 29 07:54:38 PDT 2018

Hello,

Just a heads up: nominations for the 2019 Computer History Museum Fellow Awards close on Friday, August 31, at midnight Pacific time.

The Fellow Awards recognize people who have made pioneering contributions to computing and its impact on our lives.  Past Fellows have included: Fred Brooks, Dame Stephanie Shirley, Linus Torvalds, Steve Wozniak, Margaret Hamilton, and over 50 others.  The awards began in 1987 with our first Fellow, Admiral Grace Murray Hopper, and is a ‘who’s who’ of computing legends.  See our Hall of Fellows here: http://www.computerhistory.org/fellowawards/hall/

Have you discovered someone in your research you think is deserving of recognition for their work and its impact on the world?  Why not nominate them for a CHM Fellow Award?  The Awards themselves are presented in the Spring at the Museum at a gala event of about 350 people from around the globe.

You can pick up the Nomination Form here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/66fqay4zcxajx1f/Fellows%20Nomination%20Form.doc?dl=0
(Please mail it to: nominations at computerhistory.org<mailto:nominations at computerhistory.org>)

We’ve received good input from SIGCIS members in the past so we look forward to more this year.  I hope you will consider nominating someone!

Warm regards,

Dag
--
Dag Spicer