[SIGCIS-Members] Literature on the place of science fiction (and its fandom) in the history of technology

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Fri Aug 17 10:04:43 PDT 2018

OK, likewise engaging in horn-tooting, I recently published a paper in
'Ethics and Information Technology' entitled "Science fiction as a value
scenario for historical technology" (King, I. S. (2018). Science fiction as
a value scenario for historical technology. *Ethics and Information
Technology*, 1-5.), in which I discuss the use of science fiction to
enhance historical interpretation of values that influenced the creation
and adoption (or lack thereof) of technology.  Please don't hesitate to
contact me if you or your institution do not have a SpringerLink account,
and I welcome feedback.

David, I hope this is helpful to you.  -- Ian

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Principal Investigator, "Reflections on Early Computing and Social Change",
UW IRB #42619

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."