[SIGCIS-Members] Origins of "archive" in computer science

Paul N. Edwards pedwards at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 6 10:42:51 PDT 2018

Datamation, the trade magazine, has been in continuous publication since 1957. That would be an ideal place to look for early uses of the term "archive."

I'm not sure whether the paper magazine has ever been digitized and made searchable - does anyone know?

Ditto for Communications of the ACM and Journal of the ACM.

- Paul

Paul N. Edwards
William J. Perry Fellow in International Security
Center for International Security and Cooperation<http://cisac.fsi.stanford.edu/>
Stanford University

Professor Emeritus of Information<http://www.si.umich.edu/> and History<http://www.lsa.umich.edu/history/>
University of Michigan