[SIGCIS-Members] Some suggestions on the early history of the ethics of AI

Luke Fernandez luke.fernandez at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 09:11:10 PDT 2018

I have also found that students like playing with Eliza.  And actually
attempting to emulate Turing tests in the classroom can be fun as well.

No social history of the ethics of a.i. would be complete without also
examining how these ethical anxieties have been treated by Hollywood.
Students usually already come in with some of their own cultural referents
(I Robot is popular).  But few are familiar with 2001, the original Blade
Runner, HER or Ex Machina.  They are all provacative forums for examining
a.i. ethical anxieties as well as and the larger social forces that shape
these worries.

Luke
lfernandez.org