[SIGCIS-Members] SIGCIS-sponsored panel for SHOT, due April 20

Andrew Russell arussell at arussell.org
Tue Apr 10 18:09:58 PDT 2018

Dear colleagues -

SHOT has informed us that they are extending the submission deadline for the 2018 meeting to April 20 for a particular type of submission, panels that are sponsored by one of the SHOT SIGs.  We have one paper that could form the beginnings of a compelling panel: the paper is by Elisabetta Mori from Middlesex University, and the title is “Early Olivetti Computer Design: Sottsass, Maldonado, and the Sign System for ELEA.”  Elisabetta suggests the following keywords for other papers that might fit well in a session: design, early systems, sign systems, human-machine interaction, ergonomics, interdisciplinarity.

If you have a paper that touches on one of these keywords, and you’re interested in joining a panel submission, please get in touch with Elisabetta or me.  (Her address is bettygorf at gmail.com <mailto:bettygorf at gmail.com>.)  Even if your idea doesn’t touch one of these keywords, odds are good we can find *some* way to connect the papers in a coherent way.  Since SHOT has reached out to us asking for this type of submission, I’m optimistic that the chances of it being accepted are quite high.

Many thanks,

Andy