[SIGCIS-Members] History of Dark Web?

Elinor Carmi e.carmi at gold.ac.uk
Tue Apr 10 00:01:02 PDT 2018

Robert Gehl is publishing a book about the dark web in a few months on MIT Press called "Weaving the Dark Web". I don't know how far back he goes but it's definitely worth checking out, his previous book was fantastic.

My own work focuses, among other things, on the history of spam beyond the internet. Usually whatever is considered 'dark', 'deviant', 'evil' goes hand in hand with its more legitimate form. It's usually about who has the authority and credentials to call a network like this and the politics behind that.

Dr. Elinor Carmi,
www.pinkeee.com