[SIGCIS-Members] Question From The American Computer & Robotics Museum in Montana

Brian Berg brianberg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 16:18:44 PDT 2018

 I have pinged Nita Patel, the past Chair of IEEE Women in Engineering; you
might hear separately from her.

I have queries out to Lee Felsenstein re: the Homebrew Computer Club, and
to some Atari folks.

===

Here is a Sun engineer:
Joan Pendleton worked on SPARC and graphics chips.
Joan Pendleton | Professional Profile - LinkedIn
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjhitfr6q3aAhUSSK0KHWIzBVoQFggpMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fin%2Fjoan-pendleton-2a05a840&usg=AOvVaw047QvrfLvqFndmC8NRofKg>

===

I am in touch with nearly half of the Apple Macintosh team, and they gave
me these names so far:

Ann Nunciato designed hardware at Apple around 1985.  This was in the era
of the Mac II design, the color Mac, the Jonathan, and also a Unix machine
that Apple was thinking of building.  She married another Apple hardware
designer, and now has a different last name.
---
Colette Askeland did the logic board layout for both the Apple III and Mac.
http://drop-iii-inches.com/2014/10/27/episode-7-colette-askeland/
---
Mar Hershenson founded a chip design tools company in 1999, but is often
forgotten because she does analog design.
https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Barcelona+Ushers+in+the+%
22dot.com%22+Era+of+EDA+Breakthrough+Analog+...-a059621254
She’s a Marie R. Pistilli Women in Electronic Design award winner.
---
Megan Smith first joined General Magic as part of the Hardware Team in
about 1990.

===

You could investigate other honorees of this award:

   - *54th DAC, 2017 *- Janet Olson, Synopsys, Inc.
   - *53rd DAC, 2016* - Soha Hassoun, Tufts University
   - *52nd DAC, 2015* - Margaret Martonosi, Princeton University
   - *51st DAC, 2014* - Diana Marculescu, Carnegie Mellon University
   - *50th DAC, 2013* - Nanette Collins, Nanette V. Collins Marketing, and
   Public Relations
   - *49th DAC, 2012* - Dr. Belle W. Y. Wei, San Jose State University
   - *48th DAC, 2011* - Limor Fix, Intel Corp.
   - *47th DAC, 2010* - Mar Hershenson, Magma Design Automation, Inc.
   - *46th DAC, 2009* - Telle Whitney, Anita Borg Institute
   - *45th DAC, 2008* - Louise Trevillyan, IBM Research Center
   - *44th DAC, 2007* - Jan Willis, Cadence
   - *43rd DAC, 2006* - Ellen Yoffa, IBM
   - *42nd DAC, 2005* - Kathryn Kranen, Jasper Design Automation, Inc.
   - *41st DAC, 2004* - Mary Jane Irwin, Penn State Univ.
   - *40th DAC, 2003* - Karen Bartleson, Synopsys, Inc.
   - *39th DAC, 2002* - Ann Rincon, AMI Semiconductor
   - *38th DAC, 2001* - Deidre Hanford, Synopsys, Inc.
   - *37th DAC, 2000* - Penny Herscher, Previously Cadence

_________________________
Brian A. Berg / bberg at StanfordAlumni.org
Berg Software Design
14500 Big Basin Way, Suite F, Saratoga, CA 95070 USA
Voice: 408.741.5010 / Cell: 408.568.2505
Consulting: Flash Memory/USB/Storage/Patents
visit the Storage Cornucopia: www.bswd.com
FMS Technical Chair: www.FlashMemorySummit.com
<http://www.flashmemorysummit.com/>
IEEE Milestone
<http://www.ieeeghn.org/wiki/index.php/Milestones:List_of_IEEE_Milestones>
Coordinator
for Region 6 <http://www.ieee-region6.org/>
IEEE SCV Section <http://www.ewh.ieee.org/r6/scv/> Past Chair / IEEE-CNSV
<http://www.californiaconsultants.org/> Board Director
IEEE Silicon Valley Tech History Committee
<http://www.siliconvalleyhistory.com/> Chair