[SIGCIS-Members] Question From The American Computer & Robotics Museum in Montana

Brian Randell brian.randell at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Apr 9 14:33:07 PDT 2018

Hi Len:

Yes, Lynn Conway is the obvious candidate. The Mead and Conway book truly revolutionised VLSI design.

I should declare an interest - I worked with Lynn for about a year, but this was in the mid-60s when she did pioneering work on high performance computer architecture, long before she joined Xerox Parc and did her work on VLSI design.

Cheers

Brian