[SIGCIS-Members] SIGCIS listserv re-opens

Irish, Sharon Lee slirish at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 7 07:46:43 PDT 2017

Dear listserv members,
We are now re-opening the SIGCIS mailing list.
The SIGCIS officers put in considerable time and substantial thought over the last few months to plan for the future of our community. We would like to acknowledge this care and labor—thank you!
As Andy Russell, SIGCIS chair, noted on 25 August 2017, the officers wrote a Statement of Community Values http://www.sigcis.org/node/404 which is on the About page of the sigcis.org site.
The officers updated the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), which is also on the sigcis.org site http://www.sigcis.org/node/14
We, the volunteer moderators, will use this AUP as our guide to manage the listserv; any response to messages will be post-facto.
If you, dear members, want to call our attention to a post, you may do so by emailing us at members-owner at lists.sigcis.org<mailto:members-owner at lists.sigcis.org>.

On a semi-regular basis we will send the AUP to the list membership as a reminder of policies; we will also revisit these policies, as needed.
A description of the Moderator Responsibilities and Guidelines, as well as contact information for each of us, is posted at http://www.sigcis.org/node/19

We would welcome more moderators, and invite you to send a note of interest or questions to any of us.

We sincerely hope that this mailing list can function well again, for all of us.

Sharon Irish
Bill McMillan
Janet Toland
Barbara Walker