[SIGCIS-Members] The Balanced Ternary Machines of Soviet Russia

Michael Keary michael.keary at nu.edu.kz
Mon Oct 9 23:11:02 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I wonder if anyone could point me in the direction of a published source or
two on the history of data compression - Shannon-fano, Lempel-Ziv-markov
etc. - as I have been unable to find any mention of these algorithms as a
historical subject in anything peer-reviewed or from a decent publisher.
The only sources I can find that discuss the topic are a few websites or
early draft working papers.

I am writing an environmental political theory article which discusses
technological change and good sources on this topic would be a great help.

Any assistance you could provide would be very much appreciated.

All the best,

Mike

--
Dr. Michael Keary
Head of Discipline

Recently published:
The New Prometheans: Technological Optimism in Climate Change Mitigation
Modelling
<http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/whp/ev/2016/00000025/00000001/art00003>