[SIGCIS-Members] more SIGCIS spam

Paul N. Edwards pedwards at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 27 11:46:52 PST 2017

Time to put those email addresses behind a password, I think.

On Nov 27, 2017, at 11:39, James Sumner <james.sumner at manchester.ac.uk<mailto:james.sumner at manchester.ac.uk>> wrote:

Yes, I'm getting the same. I've been assuming the addresses have just been scraped from http://www.sigcis.org/members, where they're all in clear text.

Best
James

On 27 Nov 17 19:32, Paul Edwards wrote:
Hi all - I’ve received one spam email from this person via SIGCIS, and now s/he is following up with another.

Anyone else being harassed by him/her — or possibly “it”?

Given the other recent spam, it’s looking like there is some back door to the member directory.

Best,

Paul

Begin forwarded message: