[SIGCIS-Members] Living Pioneers

Roger Johnson rgj at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Nov 10 08:59:47 PST 2017

Hi

As far as I know Raymond Bird who built the prototype BTM HEC 1 in 1951 is still very much with us and was part of Tom's series of interviews. Admittedly just after the very first generation.

Kathleen Booth is still alive but rather frail in Canada who is the widow of A D Booth who built computers together at Birkbeck College in the UK from 1946 onwards.

Are none of the NPL folk still alive? I hesitate to float names in the public domain but there are a few whose passing I would have expected to have seen noted.

Good wishes

Roger Johnson