[SIGCIS-Members] HP Archives Destroyed in Recent California Fires

Brian Berg brianberg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 08:53:31 PDT 2017

Here is an updated story on this situation:

Calif. Fires Destroy HP Archive Documents
<https://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1332537&_mc=RSS_EET_EDT>

The fire that swept through Sonoma County, California, consumed a truly
significant piece of the test industry, electrical engineering, and
American history.

This story includes info that I have not seen elsewhere.  However, a full
description of what was lost, what wasn't lost, and where the various
archives exist remains uncertain.  This tragedy begs for some kind of
worldwide accounting of the various archives that are and are not being
preserved by various important companies and entities.  That is a huge
task, and certainly much of this info already exists in a scattered form.
_________________________
Brian A. Berg / bberg at StanfordAlumni.org
Berg Software Design
14500 Big Basin Way, Suite F, Saratoga, CA 95070 USA
Voice: 408.741.5010 / Cell: 408.568.2505
Consulting: Flash Memory/USB/Storage/Patents
visit the Storage Cornucopia: www.bswd.com
FMS Technical Chair: www.FlashMemorySummit.com
<http://www.flashmemorysummit.com/>
IEEE Milestone
<http://www.ieeeghn.org/wiki/index.php/Milestones:List_of_IEEE_Milestones>
Coordinator
for Region 6 <http://www.ieee-region6.org/>
IEEE SCV Section <http://www.ewh.ieee.org/r6/scv/> Past Chair / IEEE-CNSV
<http://www.californiaconsultants.org/> Board Director
IEEE Silicon Valley Tech History Committee
<http://www.siliconvalleyhistory.com/> Chair