[SIGCIS-Members] Temporary Closure of SIGCIS List

Andrew Russell arussell at arussell.org
Wed May 24 18:14:51 PDT 2017

Dear SIGCIS Community,

Earlier this evening, what members of the SIGCIS Executive Committee were available convened over the Internet to make a determination regarding the SIGCIS listserv. We are all saddened that we witnessed, in a matter of hours, a deep unraveling of this community.

We have elected to temporarily close the listserv while we internally debate how to address the concerns raised by this incident. The members at SIGCIS.org list is now set to moderate and hold all incoming messages. The SIGCIS Officers will he holding a discussion about the list's scope and policies in the coming days.

Andy Russell
SIGCIS Chair