[SIGCIS-Members] ATM 50th anniversary - looking for an author

Mara Mills mmills at nyu.edu
Wed May 24 17:31:31 PDT 2017

While I'm still on the list, let me recommend the work of disability
attorney Lainey Feingold on Talking ATMs:
http://www.lflegal.com/category/talking-atms/

I believe she is also writing a book on the history of accessible banking,
from a legal perspective.

MM

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 2:06 PM, Batiz Lazo, Bernardo <bbatiz64 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ive published on the history of the ATM in The Conversation
> https://theconversation.com/as-cash-becomes-quaint-are-
> atms-on-path-to-obsolescence-38930
>
> the Atlantic
>
> https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2015/03/a-
> brief-history-of-the-atm/388547/
>
> bloomberg Echos
> https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2013-03-27/how-
> the-atm-revolutionized-the-banking-business
>
> Among others .. and writting a book on the topic for Oxford University
> Press.
> Happy to take it on
> Best
> Bernardo
> Bangor University (Wales)
>

> On 23 May 2017, at 17:15, Jonathan Coopersmith <j-coopersmith at tamu.edu>
> wrote:
>
> theconversation.com is looking for a short piece on the ATM.  If
> interested, read on and contact Jeff Inglis.  I recommend writing for it --
> thei editing makes me look like a good writer and the articles are placed
> widely.
>
> RFP:
>
> ATM machine technology - for good and bad. With the 50th anniversary of
> the first automated cash machine approaching (on June 27), we’re looking
> for a scholar of cybercrime and cybersecurity who could explain how ATMs
> work, how they have developed over time, and how criminals have used
> various types technology (such as skimming) to steal money from banks and
> their customers.
>

> *Jeff Inglis*
> *Science + Technology Editor, The Conversation US *E:
> jeff.inglis at theconversation.com
> *T*: @jinglis
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_jinglis&d=DwMFaQ&c=ODFT-G5SujMiGrKuoJJjVg&r=xd_h1GnqUOIgUwdyipeynKCpqL76q7QWVzlt1TjNm50&m=KnKR5uCTZqXaPB6iD2mANus5AJgD8zKm_3w-MgvqbKc&s=oXt4qEnP3CUS2NiFtNVIjPJnjOnIIdzd0BMv8YgnXSE&e=>
> *V*: +1.617.356.7837
>
> 625 Massachusetts Ave
>

> Jonathan Coopersmith
> Professor
> Department of History
> Texas A&M University
> College Station, TX  77843-4236
> 979.845.7151 <(979)%20845-7151>
> 979.862.4314 <(979)%20862-4314> (fax)
>
> ​Latest article:  https://theconversation.com/what-fax-machines-can-teach-
> us-about-electric-cars-66896
>
> *FAXED.  The Rise and Fall of the Fax Machine* (Johns Hopkins University
> Press) is the co-recipient of the 2016 Business History Conference Hagley
> Prize for best book in business history.

Mara Mills | Associate Professor | Media, Culture, and Communication | New
York University
http://maramills.org/
Co-Director, NYU Disability Council https://wp.nyu.edu/disability_council/