[SIGCIS-Members] Shiva Ayyadurai speaking at Harvard Coop, Wed 3/15, 7 pm

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Thu Mar 9 07:54:47 PST 2017

Dag, JIR *does* have standards.

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 7:20 AM, Dag Spicer <dspicer at computerhistory.org>
wrote:

> Or perhaps the Journal of Irreproducible Results?
>
> Dag
>

> On Mar 9, 2017, at 2:14 AM, Mounier Kuhn <mounier at msh-paris.fr<mailto:m
> ounier at msh-paris.fr>> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Dave. We are all eager to read Shiva’s paper – in The Harvard
> Lampoon, of course.
> Best,
> Pierre
>
> Le 8 mars 2017 à 09:42, David Walden <dave.walden.family at gmail.com<mailto:
> dave.walden.family at gmail.com>> a écrit :
>

> The Harvard Coop’s March author series list includes this:
>
> WED MAR 15 @ 7:00 pm
>
> Dr. V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai
>
> The Future of Email
>
> In 1978, as a precocious 14-year old, was accepted to a special program in
> computer science at New York University.  Later, at the University of
> Medicine and Dentistry, New Jersey as a Research Fellow Ayyadurai developed
> the first electronic system to replicate the entire interoffice mail system
> which he named “email,” defining email we all use and experience today.

Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>
Dissertation: "Why the Conversation Mattered: Constructing a Sociotechnical
Narrative Through a Design Lens

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."