[SIGCIS-Members] NYCDH Starts Next Week!

Kimon Keramidas kimon.keramidas at nyu.edu
Mon Jan 30 09:27:17 PST 2017

That’s right, less than a week before NYCDH’s smorgasbord of DH events and workshops hit the city from February 6-10. The 2nd Annual NYCDH Week will be filled with talks, roundtables, networking, awards and probably the most impressive array of FREE workshops known to DH-kind. We hope you can join us!

Register for the Kickoff Gathering
The Kickoff gathering is a great meeting of people across all DH walks of life. Students, faculty, and staff from the academy are joined by the GLAM community, independent scholars, start-ups and more. And we will be recognizing Dr. Stephen Brier as our inaugural NYCDH Award winner, which is given to an individual who has made significant contributions to digital humanities in the region. Make sure to register for the gathering at the bottom right of this page <http://dhweek.nycdh.org/event/nycdh-week-2017-kickoff-gathering/>.

Join a Birds-of-a-Feather Lunch Group
At lunchtime during our Kickoff Gathering, people with shared interests are encouraged to have lunch together. Veterans will pick a restaurant and propose a topic. Fill out this form <http://dhweek.nycdh.org/birds-of-a-feather-lunches/> to join a group.

Sign Up for Some Workshops
You can now see the final slate of workshops on the NYCDH Week site <http://dhweek.nycdh.org/workshops/>. There are 35 in total and represent a really impressive range of topics. Some workshops are already at capacity so sign up fast to add new skills to your DH repertoire! Sign up for any NYCDH event by using the RSVP tool at the bottom right of its page.

Looking forward to seeing everyone over the course of the week. Remember to email Kimon Keramidas(kimon.keramidas at nyu.edu <mailto:kimon.keramidas at nyu.edu>) with any questions about DH Week and make sure you become a member at NYCDH.org <http://nycdh.org/>, over 500 and counting.

Cheers
Kimon

Kimon Keramidas, Ph.D.
Associate Director and Clinical Assistant Professor of Digital Humanities
John W. Draper Interdisciplinary Master’s Program in Humanities and Social Thought

New York University
14 University Place
New York, NY 10003

E kimon.keramidas at nyu.edu <mailto:kimon.keramidas at nyu.edu>
P 212-998-3691
T @kimonizer <http://twitter.com/kimonizer>
W http://kimonkeramidas.com <http://kimonkeramidas.com/>

The Interface Experience: Forty Years of Personal Computing
Exhibition <http://www.bgc.bard.edu/gallery/gallery-at-bgc/past-exhibitions/the-interface-experience.html> | Web <http://interface-experience.org/>

The Interface Experience: A User’s Guide
Winner of the 2016 Innovation in Print Design Award from the American Alliance of Museums <http://www.aam-us.org/>
Buy Book <http://store.bgc.bard.edu/the-interface-experience-a-users-guide-by-kimon-keramidas/>