[SIGCIS-Members] Humbul 1988

Christine Finn christine.finn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 19:36:19 PST 2017

Dear all,

When I was researching Artifacts at Oxford in 2000, I asked Computer
Services what archive there was of the university's own computer history. I
was given a cardboard box of random stuff, and told I could take what was
useful. The attached image is what I grabbed. It dates from 1988, and
relates to Humbul. I got no joy from Leicester at that time, but have since
been hoping to piece together the story of this "first reply from a foreign
user; hooray". It always gives my students a laugh when I show them this
aimge: me - so recent! them: so ancient!

I expect many of you will decipher a lot from this scant data. Anyway, am
adding it as part of the early email story...

best, Christine