[SIGCIS-Members] Shiva/Gawker, also AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

Luke Fernandez luke.fernandez at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 10:14:57 PST 2017

Can anyone opine on why Gawker settled?  Was it because the standards
of evidence are different in a court of law than in an academic forum?
 Or because Gawker didn't have the resources to fight a court battle?
Or that a settlement was simply less costly for Gawker than fighting
it in court? Or (improbable as it might seem) they hired an attorney
who didn't know how to leverage the history as it is narrated in this
forum?

Luke
lfernandez.org