[SIGCIS-Members] Shiva/Gawker, also AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Wed Jan 4 15:31:03 PST 2017

I strongly advise putting on a helmet before reading because you will
want to bang your heads against the wall extremely hard. I know I do.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gawker-media-pays-dr-shiva-ayyadurai-inventor-of-email-750000-settlement-300385899.html

 From the press release:

Gawker Media has paid Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai a $750,000 settlement payment
and later this month will permanently remove its libelous article about
him, which denied Dr. Ayyadurai's invention of email.

Victory over Gawker Media

"This is a historic victory for truth," declared Dr. Ayyadurai.
"Americans have no tolerance for fake news, lies or cyberbullying. A
14-year-old kid working in Newark, New Jersey in 1978 invented email.
This settlement honors that innovation."

There is no reasonable dispute that Dr. Ayyadurai is the inventor of email.