[SIGCIS-Members] In today's Boston Globe, re developer of EMAIL

Brian Dear brian at platohistory.org
Tue Feb 14 07:10:36 PST 2017

Blows my mind how reporters remain ignorant of the fact that registering a
document for copyright protection has nothing whatsoever to do with
establishing an invention claim. That would be a PATENT. Different
government agancy handles patents. Guy did not file a patent. Why is this
so incredibly difficult for a reporter to grasp?! No wonder this guy has
gotten away with this for years.

- Brian