[SIGCIS-Members] Counterfactual history: Did the Mac cost Apple a shot at market leadership?

Evan Hepler-Smith ehepler at princeton.edu
Wed Apr 26 13:34:29 PDT 2017

Hi Tom,

In case you haven't seen, Jack Brown had a good piece in T&C a few years
ago on counterfactuals in the history of technology. It's about 19th c.
bridge-building, but there are some analogies, and he does useful
methodological work on spinning evidence into productive and analytically
responsible counterfactuals.

https://muse.jhu.edu/article/551605/pdf

Best,
Evan