[SIGCIS-Members] In Memory of Harry Huskey

Brian L. Stuart blstuart at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 14 21:43:08 PDT 2017

It is a sad day indeed.  Dr. Huskey was one of the most influential,
yet least known of the early pioneers.  In addition to his work on
the ENIAC, the Pilot ACE, the SWAC, and the Bendix G-15 were
all designed or influenced by him.  As mentioned in the memorial
statement, one of his PhD students was Wirth.  In addition, one
of his master's students was Ken Thompson.

If I'm not mistaken, Dr. Huskey was the last living member of
any of the pre-industry computer development teams.  I cannot
help but feel that this marks the passing of the founding generation
of our field and the end of an era.

BLS