[SIGCIS-Members] History of intellectual property in computing?

McMillan, William W william.mcmillan at cuaa.edu
Thu Oct 27 07:25:25 PDT 2016

Greetings, SIGCIS.

I'm looking for historical sources on the development of intellectual property principles and practices to use in a graduate computer science class.

Of course, there is plenty of information on IP in IT and the history of IP in general, but I would like to find sources that tell a story across the development of computing in particular and relate it to other factors in technology and society.

Also, any syllabus examples or suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks,
Bill