[SIGCIS-Members] Science wars quote that scientists can teach English but not vice versa

Dag Spicer dspicer at computerhistory.org
Fri Oct 21 13:18:33 PDT 2016

Hi Tom,

Sokal and Bricmont is available here: https://monoskop.org/images/5/53/Sokal_Alan_Bricmont_Jean_Fashionable_Nonsense.pdf

Dag
--
Dag Spicer
Senior Curator
Computer History Museum
Editorial Board, IEEE Annals of the History of Computing
1401 North Shoreline Boulevard
Mountain View, CA 94043-1311

Tel: +1 650 810 1035
Fax: +1 650 810 1055

On Oct 21, 2016, at 1:04 PM, James Sumner <james.sumner at manchester.ac.uk<mailto:james.sumner at manchester.ac.uk>> wrote:

Hi Tom

This is in Gross and Levitt's Higher Superstition, page 243: "If, taking a fanciful hypothesis, the humanities department of MIT (a bastion, by the way, of left-wing rectitude) were to walk out in a huff..."

Best
James