[SIGCIS-Members] New journal of interest — Internet Histories: Digital Technology, Culture and Society

Paul N. Edwards pne at umich.edu
Tue May 31 07:23:01 PDT 2016

This new Taylor & Francis journal <http://explore.tandfonline.com/page/ah/internet-histories> is edited by Niels Brügger (Managing Editor), Gerard Goggin, Valérie Schafer, Megan Ankerson, and Ian Milligan (Review Editor).

I’m on the editorial board; I expect that some of you are too, or soon will be.

First issue in 2017 — consider a submission! The journal is casting a broad net:

Contributions might include but not be limited to:

	• History of the internet and the web
	• Web histories
	• History of networks
	• Alternative, marginal, or subcultural histories
	• Feminist, queer, and disability histories
	• Local and regional internet histories
	• Gender and race studies of digital cultures
	• Histories of digital recording, production, distribution, file formats and sharing
	• Internet and digital music and sound histories
	• Infrastructure studies
	• National paths to digitalization
	• Telecommunications and computing convergence
	• History of code, protocols, services, interfaces, graphical representation and interactivity
	• History of online communities
	• History of digital uses, users and cultures
	• Internet governance, regulation and policy history
	• Historical cross-media studies
	• Pedagogy and teaching of internet histories
	• Methodological approaches to study digital and network histories
	• Histories of internet policy, law, and regulation

Best,

Paul

Paul N. Edwards, Professor of Information <http://www.si.umich.edu/> and History <http://www.lsa.umich.edu/history/>

Terse replies are deliberate <http://five.sentenc.es/>. Here's why!  <http://emailcharter.org/>