[SIGCIS-Members] SIGCIS Introduction

J. Michael Wahlen jmwahlen at mit.edu
Mon Feb 29 08:06:41 PST 2016

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to the SIGCIS community and wanted to introduce myself.

I’m a PhD student at MIT Sloan and am really interested in the history of technology, particularly in the history of the U.S. home video games industry.  I really appreciate your adding me to the list - I’m already enjoying getting updates from the community on what others are doing in this area.

And, if anyone has any suggestions, I am looking for archival sources on the U.S. home video game industry during its early years and would love to hear your ideas.  I know there are a number of sources available online, but I would like supplement these wherever possible with original records, if anyone has any thoughts on the best places to look?

Thanks again for having me.

Michael

Michael Wahlen

PhD Student