[SIGCIS-Members] Wes Clark, RIP

apatros at stny.rr.com apatros at stny.rr.com
Tue Feb 23 03:40:01 PST 2016

I am saddened to hear this about Wes.  In the late spring of 2015 while I was continuing my research on H. Philip Peterson and his Digital Mona Lisa project from 1965 at Control Data, I reached out to Wes.  I had learned that Mr. Peterson was part of the TX-0 and TX-2 projects at Lincoln Lab, and saw reference to Wes as well.

Wes and I spoke once a week via telephone over 2-3 months.  He was a delightful gentleman and he helped me greatly with my research.

Our conversations also segued to his time developing the LINC, his days at the Hanford Nuclear complex in Washington and his work with Arpanet, among other topics.  He truly was one of the pioneers of early computing.

May his memory be eternal.

Regards,
Andy Patros
www.digitalmonalisa.com

---- Dave Walden <dave.walden.family at gmail.com> wrote:

I have heard this evening that Wes Clark (TX-2, etc.) died this morning.

This email is relayed from members at sigcis.org, the email discussion list of SHOT SIGCIS. Opinions expressed here are those of the member posting and are not reviewed, edited, or endorsed by SIGCIS. The list archives are at http://lists.sigcis.org/pipermail/members-sigcis.org/ and you can change your subscription options at http://lists.sigcis.org/listinfo.cgi/members-sigcis.org