[SIGCIS-Members] FW: AERA as research topic

Akera, Atsushi akeraa at rpi.edu
Mon Aug 8 14:17:31 PDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

I have an offer from a friend of mine, Gary Nelson, who used to work at MITRE on a system that was a successor to the SAGE air defense system (AERA, or Advanced En Route Air Traffic Control). He’s willing to help anyone who might be interested in writing about, or conducting an oral history related to this system and this period in MITRE’s history.

His original note is copied below, and he also adds:

Yes, that is the plan.  I will assist in any way I can to put the right people together.
I worked on AERA3 ca. 1990, but was also part of the team that did the benefit-cost study of the AAS 1984-8.  The AERA benefits were a key part of the analysis.  I can network to several other contacts at MITRE.

regards,
Gary

Feel free to write to me, or to Gary directly if you’re interested! He’s copied on this message. (And please forward to anyone who might be interested in this.)

-          Atsushi