[SIGCIS-Members] 24th International Congress, Rio, July 2017

lidemol elizabeth.demol at ugent.be
Fri Apr 22 00:21:39 PDT 2016

Dear James,
Dear all,

as you might know, there is now a DHST/DLMPS commission on the History
and Philosophy of computing (www.hapoc.org): the proposal for this
commission was approved during the DHST GA in Manchester in 2013 . As a
commission, we are required to organize a symposium and a symposium
proposal is now being prepared by two Brazilian researchers (Fabio
Bertato and Henrique Cukierman, in cc).

I case you (or anyone else on this list) might be interested to get
involved with this please do let me know. Of course, there is also the
possibility to organize another symposium which can/could also be
supported by HAPOC.

In general, I would like to point out that anyone who thinks of
organizing something within the reach of HAPOC is always free to contact
me (or any other member of the HAPOC council) to inquire about possible
support,

with best wishes,
Liesbeth.