[SIGCIS-Members] Reply to an odd tweet

Andrew Russell arussell at stevens.edu
Tue Apr 12 07:43:26 PDT 2016

All -

To clear up any confusion: I sent the tweet in question from the SIGCIS twitter account, which (as Martha and others have noted) violated acceptable standards for tweeting and for professional discourse.  It was a poorly executed attempt to build a conversation between historians of computing and the broader community of scholars and thinkers, such as the good people at Data & Society, who work on computing in contemporary contexts.

I have since apologized to Martha, who continues to do some *very* interesting work.  I have also added my name to the SIGCIS twitter account, to avoid any confusion in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Andy Russell
SIGCIS Chair