[SIGCIS-Members] The Women of Datamation

Aristotle Tympas tympas at phs.uoa.gr
Wed Sep 2 01:48:06 PDT 2015

Dear Dag,

Best luck with your research. Regarding theoretical perpsectives on the
interpretation of magazine images with women-computer ensembles (more
accurately: men-computer-women ensembles), you may want to check the
relevant references in this: Aristotle Tympas, Hara Konsta, Theodore
Lekkas and Serkan Karas, ‘Constructing Gender and Computing in Advertising
Images: Feminine and Masculine Computer Parts’, in Tom Misa (editor),
Gender Codes: Women and Men in the Computing Professions, IEEE Press,
2010, 187-209.

And feel free to contact Hara Konsta, a recent graduate of our PhD
program, who may have more suggestions to offer (xkonsta at phs.uoa.gr).

Best,
Aristotle