[SIGCIS-Members] "CSIRAC: Last Of The First" available in PDF

Allan Olley allan.olley at utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 13 12:28:11 PDT 2015

Hello,
 	I just wanted to note that the paper by Bromley in an earlier form
is found at the university of Sydney as a scanned in technical report
from 1985.
http://sydney.edu.au/engineering/it/research/tr/tr274.pdf
It lacks photographs and lacks some final changes one finds in the
version that appear in Last of the First but as far as I can tell is
substantively the same (as a scan of a printed/typed document it lacks
much of the elegance of the book form).
 	People may find this a more wieldy version or of interest to
track changes.
 	I was directed to it by a referees report back in 2010. In this
form it has (according to Google) been cited by myself, Doron Swade, and
most importantly Haigh, Priestly and Rope in their recent reassement of
the stored program concept. Those are the only citations of it I've ever
noted myself.
https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?cites=3984009270949092624&as_sdt=2005&sciodt=0,5&hl=en
 	I have a copy of Last of the First and I think I noticed that the
Bromley paper was in there but failed to think much more about it at the
time or note any changed etc. I had already read the 1985 version at that
point.

--

Yours Truly,
Allan Olley, PhD