[SIGCIS-Members] Save the Date! Extending Play 3, Sept. 30 - Oct. 1, 2016

James A. Hodges james.hodges at rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 10 10:34:37 PST 2015

I'm pleased to announce that the third installment of our conference,
Extending Play, will take place in Rutgers University-New Brunswick's Busch
Campus Center, from September 30 to October 1, 2016.

Extending Play is an interdisciplinary conference organized by PhD students
in the School of Communication and Information at Rutgers, bringing
together scholars, makers, and key thinkers to address topics related to
playable media.

We'll be continuing the work that started in 2013, with Extending
Play: The Premier,
and continued with 2015's Extending Play 2: The Sequel. Take a look at our
previous conferences by visiting http://mediacon.rutgers.edu/.

This installment of the illustrious conference series will examine the
relationship
between play and time in all forms of game, sport, performance, and
recorded media.

Stay tuned for a full CFP and a brand-new website!

---
*james a. hodges*
*school of communication & information*
*rutgers university*