[SIGCIS-Members] Gadgets to God Advice Sought

David Wortley david at davidwortley.com
Wed May 6 20:45:52 PDT 2015

Dear SIGCIS list members,

I am new to this list but I am delighted to receive all the posts because it feels like a spiritual home.

I am seeking advice on my book "Gadgets to God" which was published a couple of years ago as an autobiographical reflection on mankind's changed relationship with technology during my lifetime.

My publisher indicated a possible problem with classifying the book because it falls between an autobiography and a historical narrative of computing history.

I am wondering if I should strip out the autobiographical elements and republish as a more academic book - any advice would be welcome - the main point of my book and its title is that I believe that mankind's relationship with technology today is indistinguishable in its characteristics with our relationship with our deity.

Regards

David Wortley FRSA
FOUNDER AND CEO GAETSS
EMail: david at gaetss.com
Mobile: +601123180284 (Malaysia) +447896659695 (UK)
Gamification and Enabling Technologies Strategic Solutions
Shaping the Future of Business and Society through Human Development and Motivation - www.gaetss.com
Strategic Enabling Technologies Director at IORMA
http://www.iorma.com/iorma-executive-board-and-advisory-board.html
Author of Reflections on our changing relationship with technology - www.gadgetstogodbook.com

This message was sent from my iPad