[SIGCIS-Members] Isaacson

Brian Dear brian at platohistory.org
Tue Jun 23 07:48:52 PDT 2015

Well, he got the acronym wrong in the his Abbreviations glossary :-)  (It’s a common error: Automatic not Automated.)

Thing is, books like Misa’s are by their nature limited to brief overviews of any one computing system or company. He gave PLATO and CDC about what anyone would reasonably expect to be sufficient prominence given the scope of his project. What’s been missing is a book (cinderblock-heavy if necessary) that explores PLATO in depth. I’ve been wanting to curl up in a chair and devour such a book for years. I got tired of waiting for someone else to write it, so I’m doing it.

- Brian