[SIGCIS-Members] Touting an aggregation of things Knuthian

Dave Walden dave.walden.family at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 04:30:24 PST 2015

Hello,

The current "tears of" discussion reminds me that I may not
previously have noted the list of collected links to interviews of Knuth:
    http://tug.org/interviews/#knuth
(If I have before, please forgive this repeat message.)  If you spot
a broken link or know of an interview not in this list, please let me know.

Not yet on the above list (it will be added) is Edgar Daylight's
second 100-page interview of Knuth:  _Algorithmic Barriers Falling:
P=NP?_.  This booklet (available from Amazon, etc.) has a little more
on Knuth's view of computing historiography (pages 9-18).  There will
be a review of this interview booklet in the journal (_TUGboat_) of
the TeX Users Group (TUG); I'll announce the URL when the review is available.

The above mentioned list of links to interviews of Knuth is part of
the larger TUG website of journalistic interviews of people involved
with the development or use of TeX:
    http://tug.org/interviews
Because of his two long interviews of Knuth and his use of LaTeX in
the publication of the Lonely Scholar series of books, we recently
interviewed Edgar Daylight, a participant in this list:
    http://tug.org/interviews/daylight.html

Getting further afield, there is a good bit of history about the TeX
technology in the on-line archive of TUG's journal:
    http://tug.org/tugboat/contents.html
There is at least one book (never completely finished but still
fascinating lecture notes from a college course) on the computer
science in TeX and LaTeX:
    http://tinyurl.com/kmkf3uo

Best regards, Dave