[SIGCIS-Members] Fwd: Call for Papers -- SHOT 2015 in Albuquerque, N.M.

Andrew Russell arussell at stevens.edu
Sun Feb 8 11:12:39 PST 2015

Dear SIGCIS -

I’m sure many of you already have seen the call for papers for the SHOT 2015 annual meeting in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  The meeting is October 8-11; the deadline for proposals is March 31.  As always, please feel free to use the SIGCIS list to float ideas for panels or recruit extra panelists if you already have a theme or group of people in mind for a panel.

Also - as always, you can contact me directly (arussell at stevens.edu <mailto:arussell at stevens.edu>) if you have an idea for a paper for a SIGCIS-sponsored session.  I plan to continue our SIG tradition, where the Chair (Tom Haigh in the past; now it’s me) collects individual ideas for papers and weaves them together into a panel proposal, sponsored by SIGCIS.  We have a very good track record of having these SIGCIS-sponsored sessions accepted by the SHOT Program Committee.  If you would like to be a part of a SIGCIS-sponsored panel, please send me your ideas within the next two weeks.

In sum, there are a great variety of ways you can participate in the Albuquerque meeting:
1. Contact me to be a part of a SIGCIS-sponsored session, on a topic or topics TBD by your collective interests.
2. Propose a paper for one of the 15 “open sessions” (listed below), many of which fit well with the interests of SIGCIS members.
3. Propose a paper or panel on your own, independent of options 1 and 2 above.
4. Propose a paper or panel for the annual SIGCIS workshop, which, as usual, will be held on the Sunday at the end of the SHOT meeting (this year it’s Sunday Oct 13).  We have yet to issue to the call for papers for the SIGCIS workshop; that deadline is usually at least a month or two after the deadline for the main SHOT conference.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please just send me a note - I’m here to help!

Cheers,

Andy