[SIGCIS-Members] Silicon City

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Fri Dec 18 11:09:04 PST 2015

>> Would love to stoke a conversation, even off list, about other's
>> impressions...feel free to drop me an email.
>

> I'm planning to go soon.
>
> NYHS asked for my assistance several months ago. I provided a lot of
> feedback about NY computer history beyond Big Blue. They said I'd be
> credited as a consultant, so I am disappointed to hear that the
> exhibition is basically just an IBM gig.

I neglected to mention that NYHS this week asked me about putting
together some educational programs for the exhibit. Maybe a lecture or a
panel discussion. I'd be glad to work with anyone here in SIGCIS who is
also interested in the subject.

Specifically, I propose a SHOT-style discussion about NY computer
history beyond IBM. I call dibs on the ACS angle. :)

Laine, John, and our friends at Stevens/NJIT, Columbia, etc. -- I can
take the lead on organizing this -- please reply to me directly