[SIGCIS-Members] ENIAC and the Cold War

Grider, Gary Alan ggrider at lanl.gov
Thu Aug 27 13:36:36 PDT 2015

A deceased friend of mine Marge Devaney who is interviewed by IEEE here
http://ethw.org/Oral-History:Marjorie_%22Marge%22_Devaney
use to tell me stories about going to Pennsylvania with a wire design from LASL which eventually became LANL.

We have a computer history student/project at LANL, Nicolas Lewis from the Babbage Institute that is uncovering a lot of this history in the archive boxes from
Nick Metropolis we have in our archive.  There are weapons folks at LANL that have recollections of what you are speaking of.
It is possible that Nicolas might be willing to point you at some more information; I will forward this on to him.

Gary Grider
High Performance Computing Division Leader
LANL