[SIGCIS-Members] Fwd: Special issue of Information & Culture: Histories of the Internet

Andrew Russell arussell at stevens.edu
Fri Apr 17 05:15:12 PDT 2015

Hi everyone -

This new issue of Information & Culture on “Histories of the Internet” will be of interest to many of you, featuring six fresh and original accounts of the history of the Internet (and other networks), as well as an introductory essay by Tom Haigh, Bill Dutton, and me.

Cheers,

Andy

Begin forwarded message:

Information & Culture
Volume 50, Issue 2, Spring 2015

ARTICLES

Forging Histories of the Internet: Introducing a Special Issue of Information & Culture
Thomas Haigh, Andrew L. Russell, and William H. Dutton

“Singing the Strong Light Works of [American] Engineers”:
Popular Histories of the Internet as Mythopoetic Literature
Merav Katz-Kimchi

>From Virtual to Social: Transforming Concepts and Images of the Internet
Christian Oggolder

>From the Mainframe to the Masses: A Participatory Computing Movement in Minnesota Education
Joy Rankin

Part of a Whole: RENATER, a Twenty-Year-Old Network within the Internet
Valérie Schafer

“If You Build It, They Will Come”: Lusk, Wyoming, and the Information Highway Imaginaire, 1989–1999
Nadine I. Kozak

Professional Work for Nothing: Software Commercialization and “An Open Letter to Hobbyists”
Kevin Driscoll

http://utpress.utexas.edu/index.php/journals/information-culture

Sheila Scoville
Journals Promotion Coordinator