[SIGCIS-Members] SIGCIS: gender, race, working class history, imperialism....

Irish, Sharon Lee slirish at illinois.edu
Tue Sep 9 04:19:04 PDT 2014

Hello,
This is a great suggestion, Bernard. Light¹s article is already listed.
If it is okay, I will put the call out on the FemTechNet listserv and
perhaps some students and faculty in our collective will also contribute.
The volume edited by Lisa Nakamura and Peter Chow, Race after the Internet
(Routledge 2011) includes four essays in part one on the history of race
and information. George Dyson¹s Turing's Cathedral (2012) actually has a
lot about the women involved in scientific computing.

Sharon Irish
Co-Facilitator, FemTechNet