[SIGCIS-Members] @EvgenyMorozov @NewYorker #ShowUsTheMissingPages

McMillan, William W william.mcmillan at cuaa.edu
Mon Oct 13 09:19:59 PDT 2014

Then again, an email list is not a formal publishing medium in which one expects to read nothing but finely tuned, dispassionate pieces of scholarship and commentary.

This list is in a grey area between a conversation over beers at a conference and an academic journal.  My impression is that its intent is to be closer to the former, though we know our chitchat in the bar is being recorded by the bartender and will be available for other patrons' listening pleasure.

Gratuitous attacks on people should be avoided always and everywhere, beer or not.  But is it possible that pointed comments about the work and poses of some highly visible people are well earned?

Bill