[SIGCIS-Members] Issason, Acknowledgements, and Crowdsourcing

Christopher Leslie chris.leslie at nyu.edu
Wed Oct 8 08:42:11 PDT 2014

I think this is a great idea. Ideally, our university PR departments would direct media requests our way, but I think having some sort of topic directory based on the member directory would make a lot of sense.

On Oct 8, 2014, at 11:05 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan at snarc.net> wrote:

> >> Would it be worth having a "Media" or "Journalists" page on the SIGCIS website, with a prominent link from the home page? Yes, we already have a Member Directory with contact information, but given the disconnect we seem to have with the press, having a page directly addressed to them might help. (Exactly what we would put on the Media page is another question.)
>
> Yes.
>
> I volunteer to work on that.
>
> Sounds like we need better SEO.

Christopher S. Leslie, Ph.D.
Co-Director of Science and Technology Studies Program
Faculty Fellow in Residence for Othmer Hall and Clark Street
NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering
5 MetroTech Center, LC 131
Brooklyn, NY 11201

Office Hour Signup: http://tinyurl.com/chrisleslie