[SIGCIS-Members] Issason, Acknowledgements, and Crowdsourcing

Mike Willegal mike at willegal.net
Wed Oct 8 04:08:13 PDT 2014

Though we are lucky enough to be able to talk to many people that experienced the events, first hand, I have found that interviews done 30, 40 or 50 years after the fact is fraught with the difficulty of people remembering exactly what happened.  Many people “remember” what has been most frequently reported over the past decade or so.  Researchers in Civil War history have found the same thing and are more and more relying upon contemporary evidence such as journals, newspapers and letters.

regards,
Mike Willegal