[SIGCIS-Members] The Imitation Game (was: Isaacson's book)

Ceruzzi, Paul CeruzziP at si.edu
Tue Oct 7 06:57:35 PDT 2014

Tom and others mentioned how public figures like Isaacson or Doris Kearns Goodwin add an entertainment dimension to what otherwise might be considered dry history (not to me of course). Generally speaking, it has been very difficult for Hollywood to add drama to a guy (or woman) plugging in vacuum tubes, or worse, typing on a keyboard, e.g. the movie about Wikileaks. But a successful film about the creation of the ENIAC should be done.

So we shall see what happens when this biopic about Turing comes out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imitation_Game

Here’s the trailer:

http://theimitationgamemovie.com/

Casting Keira Knightley as his friend and confidant has apparently raised some eyebrows, but that’s show business.

Paul Ceruzzi