[SIGCIS-Members] Microsoft Research New England (MSRNE) Summer Interns program

Kevin Driscoll kdriscoll at alum.mit.edu
Tue Nov 25 10:20:32 PST 2014

> Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 08:11:44 +0000
> From: "Taylor-Smith, Ella" <E.Taylor-Smith at napier.ac.uk>
>
> Hi
> this seems to have some interesting history strands this year.
> e.g. ) Histories of computing and the internet that focus on the
> experiences of people from marginalized social, economic, racial, or
> geographic groups
>

> http://socialmediacollective.org/2014/11/22/its-msr-social-media-collective-2015-phd-intern-application-season/
>
> (I'm just passing this on and don't have any deeper knowledge of the
> program)

Thanks for highlighting this call, Ella!

I am currently a postdoc affiliated with with the Social Media Collective
at MSR. Our summer intern program is a great opportunity for grad students
to carry out a paper-length project in a lively, collaborative,
multi-disciplinary environment. Students are well-supported socially,
intellectually, and financially during their time here in Cambridge.

I specifically added the line about history to the call in order to attract
students with the sorts of interests and commitments discussed on this
mailing list. If you know some eligible students, please urge them to
apply. Also, please don't hesitate to contact me off-list for more
information about the program. I am happy to help out.

Kevin Driscoll
Postdoctoral Researcher
Microsoft Research New England