[SIGCIS-Members] Charles Babbage Institute --> Arthur L. Norberg Travel Fund

Thomas J. Misa tmisa at umn.edu
Thu Nov 6 08:42:34 PST 2014

Please note the deadline of 15 January 2015 as well as our aim to award a slightly larger number of modestly larger travel grants.  ===TJM

The Arthur L. Norberg Travel Fund provides short-term grants-in-aid to help scholars with travel expenses to use archival collections at the Charles Babbage Institute.  Each year we plan to award up to five $1,000 travel grants.

The Charles Babbage Institute (CBI) is an internationally recognized research center and archives focused on the history of information technology.  CBI conducts major research projects; publishes books and articles; and collects, processes, and provides open public access to the most diverse and extensive collection of archival materials on computing, software, and networking in the world.  CBI collections include the records of corporations, technical and trade associations, personal papers, industry publications, oral histories, photographs, film/video, and an extensive reference library.  The Norberg Travel Fund is named for CBI’s founding director, Arthur L. Norberg, and is funded by generous gifts from his friends and colleagues.

On-line finding guides to CBI archival collections . . .
<http://www.cbi.umn.edu/collections/archmss.html>

For directions on applying . . . .
<http://www.cbi.umn.edu/research/ntravelfund.html>

List of past recipients . . .