[SIGCIS-Members] Article on Sixties Computers in pop culture in "The Onion's AV Club"

Andrew Meade McGee amm5ae at virginia.edu
Mon May 26 07:16:03 PDT 2014

I thought I would bring to the list's attention the article "The Monoliths:
17 Supercomputers from the ’60s," about portrayals of Sixties-era computers
in media, just posted on The Onion's AV Club website:

< http://www.avclub.com/article/monoliths-17-supercomputers-60s-204736 >

The AV Club being widely read and reblogged among a certain net-savvy
demographic, you might see variations or commentaries on this topic popping
up around the web or on social media in the next few days. Nice opportunity
for historians of computing to engage with a popularly-generated discussion
of computers in cultural imagination.

Best,
Andrew